You will see other people's opinions about Harendra Coomar Mookerjee and you will find out what the others say about it.
Also, you will see opinions about other terms. Do not forget to leave your opinion about this topic and others related.
Harendra Coomar Mookerjee (1887–1956), also spelt as H.C. Mookherjee or H.C. Mukherjee or H.C. Mukerji or H.C. Mukerjee, was the Vice-president of the Constituent Assembly of India for drafting the Constitution of India before Partition of India, and the first Governor of West Bengal after India became a republic with partition into India and Pakistan.
He was an educationalist, prominent Christian leader of Bengal, and was the chairman of the Minority rights committee and Provincial constitution committee of the Constituent Assembly—consisting of indirectly elected representatives to draft the Constitution of India, including for provinces of present Pakistan and Bangladesh(then-East Bengal) – the assembly considered only Muslims and Sikhs as religious minorities – after India became republic, the same Constituent Assembly became the first Parliament of India in 1947.
- B. Schemmel (2008). "States after 1947". Rulers. Retrieved 29 July 2008.
- "What was the Constituent Assembly of India?". rishabhdara.com. Retrieved 26 May 2012. "The Vice President of the Constituent Assembly was Professor Harendra Coomar Mookerjee, former Vice-Chancellor of Calcutta University and a prominent Christian from Bengal who also served as the Chairman of the Minorities Committee of the Constituent Assembly. He was appointed Governor of West Bengal after India became a republic."
- "Drafting of Indian Constitution – The beginning". gktoday.in. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
- "The Constitution-framers India forgot". NY Times Co. 6 November 2007. Retrieved 26 May 2012. "Represented Bengal. Was vice-president of the assembly and member of the minority rights sub-committee and provincial constitution committee. Went on to become governor of Bengal."
- "Forgotten fathers of the Constitution". zeenews.india.com. 26 January 2010. Retrieved 26 May 2012. "H C Mookerjee: A representative of Bengal apart from being the former Vice-Chancellor of Calcutta University and a prominent Christian"
- Datta-Ray, Sunanda K. (12 June 2010). "Threats against RI atheist teen being investigated". Calcutta, India: telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 26 May 2012. "he sole exception for a while was West Bengal's devoutly Christian rajyapal, Harendra Coomar Mookerjee, whose attire occasioned merriment in the school where no one followed his Biblical references."
- "Reservations for Muslims". drthchowdary.net. Retrieved 25 May 2012. "H.C.Mookerjee, speaking on behalf of the Christian community"
- "The Constituent Assembly". scribd.com. H.C. Mookherjee(1887–1956) – Reputed author, educationalist, Congress leader. Member of All India Christian Council and Bengal Lesislative Assembly. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
In the image below, you can see a graph with the evolution of the times that people look for Harendra Coomar Mookerjee. And below it, you can see how many pieces of news have been created about Harendra Coomar Mookerjee in the last years.
Thanks to this graph, we can see the interest Harendra Coomar Mookerjee has and the evolution of its popularity.
What do you think of Harendra Coomar Mookerjee?You can leave your opinion about Harendra Coomar Mookerjee here as well as read the comments and opinions from other people about the topic.
It's important that all of us leave our opinions about Harendra Coomar Mookerjee to have a better knowledge about it: