You will see other people's opinions about Food and Drug Administration and you will find out what the others say about it.
Also, you will see opinions about other terms. Do not forget to leave your opinion about this topic and others related.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA or USFDA) is a federal agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, one of the United States federal executive departments. The FDA is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety, tobacco products, dietary supplements, prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceutical drugs (medications), vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, blood transfusions, medical devices, electromagnetic radiation emitting devices (ERED), cosmetics, animal foods & feed and veterinary products.
The FDA was empowered by the United States Congress to enforce the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, which serves as the primary focus for the Agency; the FDA also enforces other laws, notably Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act and associated regulations, many of which are not directly related to food or drugs. These include regulating lasers, cellular phones, condoms and control of disease on products ranging from certain household pets to sperm donation for assisted reproduction.
The FDA is led by the Commissioner of Food and Drugs, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. The Commissioner reports to the Secretary of Health and Human Services. The Dr. Stephen Ostroff is the current acting commissioner, who took over for Dr. Margaret Hamburg who resigned in March 2015.
The FDA has its headquarters in unincorporated White Oak, Maryland. The agency also has 223 field offices and 13 laboratories located throughout the 50 states, the United States Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. In 2008, the FDA began to post employees to foreign countries, including China, India, Costa Rica, Chile, Belgium, and the United Kingdom.
- "FDA Centennial 1906–2006". US FDA. Retrieved September 13, 2008.
- "THE STATE OF THE FDA WORKFORCE" (PDF).
- "FDA Overview" (PDF). USFDA. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- "Meet Stephen Ostroff, M.D., Acting Commissioner of Food and Drugs". US FDA. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- "Animal Food & Feeds". Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "FDA head Margaret Hamburg to resign in March; Ostroff to be acting chief". February 5, 2015. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "White Oak Campus Information". About FDA. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. February 9, 2011. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- "FDA's International Posts: Improving the Safety of Imported Food and Medical Products". USFDA. Retrieved April 10, 2010.
In the image below, you can see a graph with the evolution of the times that people look for Food and Drug Administration. And below it, you can see how many pieces of news have been created about Food and Drug Administration in the last years.
Thanks to this graph, we can see the interest Food and Drug Administration has and the evolution of its popularity.
What do you think of Food and Drug Administration?You can leave your opinion about Food and Drug Administration here as well as read the comments and opinions from other people about the topic.
It's important that all of us leave our opinions about Food and Drug Administration to have a better knowledge about it: